Selling Behind the Password
Leveraging the marketing potential within online banking
: OBR 165
In this report, we look at the efforts of 15 major banks and payments players to cross-sell products within their secure online banking areas.
We analyze six key areas behind the password that can be effectively used for sales and marketing messages:
• Interstitial (splash screen) pages inserted after performing any online activity, especially after the initial login.
• Banner and keyword advertising within the secure online banking area
• Product placement within online banking and bill pay
• Transactional upgrades
• Page displayed after an online banking session has concluded (either through logoff or inactivity)
• Product/shopping/discount portals
marketing, sales, direct banking, product management